While your healthcare team should be the main source of information and education, learning and connecting with others living with PAH can provide you with motivation and inspiration. Take a moment to read how some of our SHARE Network* Patient Advocates manage their life with PAH.
*The SHARE Network is made up of volunteers who are dedicated to inspiring others through their personal health journeys and stories of caring. It is managed and staffed by Reverba on behalf of Janssen Global Services, LLC.
– Rita, SHARE Network Patient Advocate
– Linda, SHARE Network Patient Advocate
– Brenda, SHARE Network Patient Advocate
– Nicole, SHARE Network Patient Advocate
– Catherine, SHARE Network Patient Advocate
– Rochelle, SHARE Network Patient Advocate
– Lisa, SHARE Network Patient Advocate
– Donna, SHARE Network Patient Advocate
Continue to talk with your healthcare team and care partner to reflect on how you manage your PAH. If you are enrolled in the PAH Companion Program, you can also discuss these topics with your dedicated Companion.
Connect with PAH advocacy organizations to explore educational resources on living with PAH, virtual support groups, and live community events. Ask your healthcare team to recommend local groups. You may also be able to find online, virtual, or phone-based support groups.
The PAH Companion Program is only for patients on certain Janssen PH medications, and requires a completed patient authorization form to enroll.